Happy New Tax Year!
If the way we started this year is any indication -- let's all say it together: fiscal cliff nonsense -- 2013 is shaping up to be an exciting tax year.
That's why I'm glad I have two tax blogs to on which to hash out tax matters.
As has been my practice, I'll be recapping what happened last week at my Bankrate Taxes Blog here at Don't Mess With Taxes each weekend (mostly Saturdays ... I hope!).
But if you happen to miss those posts, this page will serve as an index with links to the previous week's synopsis.
Here's how my 2013 Bankrate tax blogging is shaping up.
- Dec. 28, 2013: Mortgage forgiveness tax relief ends on Dec. 31
- Dec. 21, 2013: Tax timing and travel-related taxes
- Dec. 14, 2013: Attention senior citizens: IRA distribution date is Dec. 31
- Dec. 10, 2013: Standard tax deduction amounts bumped up for 2014
- Dec. 3, 2013: Where do your residential property taxes rank nationally?
- Nov. 24, 2013: Senate Finance chair wants to hear your tax reform thoughts
- Nov. 16, 2013: NY man pleads guilty to $9 million in fraudulent tax refunds
- Nov. 10, 2013: 2014 individual income tax brackets
- Nov. 4, 2013: Some in Congress want FSA use-or-lose rule eliminated
- Oct. 27, 2013: Almost 700 IRS contractors owe $5.4 million in back taxes
- Oct. 20, 2013: Budget conference committee members named
- Oct. 14, 2013: Wyoming, 5 other western states have best business taxes
- Oct. 5, 2013: Audit target? You're getting a bit of a shutdown break
- Sept. 30, 2013: IRS lays out plan to deal with federal government shutdown
- Sept. 21, 2013: Beanie Babies billionaire caught in offshore tax evasion net
- Sept. 14, 2013: Estimated taxes and other September financial deadlines
- Sept. 7, 2013: Renouncing U.S. citizenship, for tax and other reasons
- Sept. 1, 2013: New York state of tax mind
- Aug. 25, 2013: Gerard Depardieu now an honorary, and less taxed, Belgian
- Aug. 18, 2013: Employers in 17 states could face higher unemployment taxes
- Aug. 11, 2013: New York cop pleads guilty to identity theft, tax refund fraud
- Aug. 4, 2013: Tax-related identity theft: Its growth and IRS efforts to stop it
- July 27, 2013: Scholarships and grants get better grades than borrowing and tax breaks as ways to pay college costs
- July 20, 2013: IRS emails, hearings and budgets, oh my!
- July 13, 2013: Fear you might be a tax ID theft victim? Here's what to do
- July 8, 2013: Congressional tax reform tour across America is underway
- June 30, 2013: DOMA, taxes and where you live
- June 23, 2013: Amazon heading to Florida, leaving Minnesota
- June 15, 2013: June 15 deadlines bumped this year to June 17
- June 9, 2013: States are collecting more tax money ... for now
- June 1, 2013: Richer taxpayers get the bulk of tax break benefits and charitable donation rules
- May 26, 2013: Continuing IRS questions and first sales tax holidays of 2013
- May 19, 2013: All IRS all the time, at least last week at my other tax blog
- May 12, 2013: IRS warrants for taxpayer emails and online sales taxes
- May 6, 2013: Debt ceiling, home mortgage interest deduction and tax reform are in a twisted financial and political knot
- April 27, 2013: South Florida tax scheme highlights ID theft, EITC concerns
- April 21, 2013: Tax Freedom Day, cities with the most tax cheaters and Tax Day 2013 freebies
- April 13, 2013: Spying on taxpayer social media accounts, Obama's rehashed tax provisions in FY2014 budget and other April 15 tax deadlines
- April 7, 2013: How we'll spend tax refunds and Coping with sequestration pain
- March 30, 2013: The wide reach of taxes: U.S. Supreme Court same-sex marriage case and March Madness basketball games
- March 23, 2013: Added costs of not filing and Lawsuits prompted by refund delays
- March 16, 2013 (posted March 23, 2013): Gun, ammo taxes and Tax processing delays create FAFSA problems
- March 9, 2013: Tax refund loan product problems and Still anticipating sequester effects
- March 3, 2013: Sequester, sequestration and Talk of tax code change
- Feb. 24, 2013: Congressional pay cuts (yeah, right) and The role taxes play in state relocations
- Feb. 17, 2013: Old-style savings bonds refund option and Talk of a possible gas tax hike
- Feb. 9, 2013: Feds settle $15 million tax scam and Adding up sales tax deduction amount
- Feb. 3, 2013: E-filing fraud fears and Employing plastic to trim property taxes
- Jan. 27, 2013: Tentative tax reform talk and Court ruling poses a possible filing season snag
- Jan. 19, 2013: Tax rates, tax refunds last week at my other tax blog
- Jan. 12, 2013: Tax filing hassles: delayed start, complicated code
- Jan. 6, 2013: What is and isn't in the fiscal cliff tax bill
You also can find links to the most recent Bankrate posts (and the RSS feed) over there in the right column of the ol' blog.
If you are really hankering for more tax bloggings, you can peruse the archive of 2011, 2012 and 2014 posts at my other tax blog.
And there's a link to my original Bankrate tax blog, Eye on the IRS, as well as a link to Don't Mess With Taxes posts in which I reference my other tax blog(s).
Thanks again for reading, here and there!