It also gave the number two guys on their respective tickets a chance to talk taxes.
Or rather, as Citizens for Tax Justice (CTJ) put it, have a spirited discussion over their competing visions for tax policy.
That number also is this week's By the Numbers figure.
In CTJ's estimation they were:
- Biden Highlights the Regressiveness of Extending All the Bush Tax Cuts
- Ryan Promises the Mathematically Impossible
- Biden Calls Ryan Out for Taking Capital Gains Tax Breaks Off the Table
- Ryan and Biden Dispute the Definition of Small Businesses
- Biden Takes on Romney and Ryan's Commitment to Grover Norquist
- Ryan Misrepresents History of 1986 Tax Reform
- Biden Revives Romney's 47 percent Remark
- Ryan Claims Obamacare Includes 12 Middle Class Tax Hikes
- Biden Stumbles on Primary Cause of Great Recession
- Ryan Wrong on How Much Revenue Could Be Raised by Taxes on the Rich
Check out the CTJ's article for elaboration on each of the 10 tax moments in the Biden-Ryan debate.You also might find these items of interest: