Most people get tax refunds.
Despite conventional wisdom and the continued advice of tax professionals, most apparently plan it that way.
I look at this decade-long trend in my latest Bankrate Taxes Blog post, Reasons for a refund glut.
Do you intentionally have too much in payroll taxes withheld so you'll get a big check from the IRS each year? I'd love to hear why, at both the Bankrate post and here.
- Tax refund spending tips, withholding effects
- $3,003: By the Numbers average 2010 tax refund amount
- Talking Taxes: Adjusting withholding
- Give yourself a tax-related raise
- Withholding lessons from filing stats
Want to tell your friends about this blog post? Check out the buttons -- Tweet This, Reblog, Like, Digg This and more -- at the bottom of this post. Or you can use the Share This icon to spread the word via e-mail and online avenues. Thanks!