The old saying in Washington, D.C., is that every tax bill should have the subtitle "Tax Professionals' Employment for Life Act."
We tax journalists also benefit. I've made a quite decent living for more than a decade scribbling about the ever-growing, constantly changing tax code.
So while we're all frustrated by taxes occasionally, or more than occasionally, the people who help us through the tax madness get to keep their jobs.
Or, as Catherine Rampell writes in the New York Times Economix blog, the tax code and its resultant inefficiency isn't bad for everyone.
- The ever-growing tax code
- The out-of-control tax code
- National Taxpayer Advocate is a fan of major tax system overhaul
- Up next for Obama: Tax system overhaul
- Debt panel suggests major tax changes
- Deficit commission tax overhaul, take 2
Want to tell your friends about this blog post? Click the Tweet This or Digg This buttons below or use the Share This icon to spread the word via e-mail, Facebook and other popular applications. Thanks!