I'm not a big Steve Carell fan, probably because I really enjoyed the British version of The Office much more than the U.S. remake.
And Tina Fey's last big-screen outing didn't appeal to me at all.
So I was skeptical of "Date Night."
Then today, I learned a tidbit that makes it a must see: Carell's character is a tax lawyer.
Now I have no idea just how much his profession has to do with the plot, but at least it's apparently mentioned. And I'm tax geeky enough for that to make me give the film a shot. Hey, I liked Stranger Than Fiction.
Now whether I can convince the hubby to join me (after April 15, of course!) on our own, much less exciting (I hope!) date night remains to be seen.
Take a look: Speaking of seen, you can check out the Date Night trailer and a variety of clips at Rotten Tomatoes.
My favorite scenes are, of course, the Carell-Fey couple's snarky comments about fellow diners. Not that the hubby and I do anything so mean … very often!
- Tax show adds more cast members
- IRS office comedy coming to your TV
- Investigating a new tax-themed TV show
- 'Tax Policy Decreed by Merry Men in Tights'
- NYC tax code gets Emmy thanks
- Oscars idiocy and a half-hearted hooray for Hollywood tax breaks
- Scary! Tax breaks for filmmakers
- Accountants' exciting lives -- on film
Want to tell your friends about this blog post? Click the Tweet This or Digg This buttons below or use the Share This icon to spread the word via e-mail, Facebook and other popular applications. Thanks!