That was IRS Commissioner Shulman's assessment in January, when as part of a wide-ranging interview on C-SPAN he revealed that he hires someone to file his returns.
The admission came during a discussion of the IRS' oversight of tax preparers.
In response to the question (at 10:27 of the overall half-hour program) as to whether he filed his own 1040s, Shulman said:
"I use a preparer. I've used one for years. I find
it convenientand I find the tax code complex so I use a preparer."
So why am I now pulling up an excerpt from a three-month old interview? I just thought folks who are struggling with their returns might like to know that they're in good company when it comes to tax confusion.Related posts:
- Picking a tax pro
- Bad tax clients, revisited
- Economy's effect on tax filing methods
- Are you ready to file your taxes?
- New forms this filing season
- 7 new tax laws that could save you money
- Don't overlook these tax breaks
- Don't forget your Daily Tax Tip!
- Don't forget your state taxes!
Want to tell your friends about this blog post? Click the Tweet This or Digg This buttons below or use the Share This icon to spread the word via e-mail, Facebook and other popular applications. Thanks!