Santa Claus' trusty reindeer don't have to report for work until Christmas Eve. So with time on their hands hooves, they graciously volunteered to offer year-end tax tips as we count down 2012.
Each of the nine Christmas transportation specialists provided a tip, starting with Dasher on Dec. 13 and wrapping up (bow optional) with Rudolph on Friday, Dec. 21.
The timing is perfect. The sleigh pulling crew then gets the weekend before Christmas off and we get tax tips in time to put them to use by Dec. 31.
- Dasher says use up your FSA funds
- Dancer says do a mock tax return
- Prancer says sell appreciated assets
- Vixen recommends giving estate tax gifts
- Comet says give to your favorite charity
- Cupid says note your year-end marital status
- Donder says harvest investment losses
- Blitzen says convert to a Roth IRA
- Rudolph says bunch your deductions
Thanks to all the reindeer, and to all a Merry Christmas and many tax savings!