That's right. Three-hundred-sixty-five days have passed and we're dealing with another tax year.
Will 2015 be the year that at least some tax reform is finally accomplished? Will the tax extenders, which were passed (once again) very late in the prior tax year be part of that reform? Will the 114th Congress be more productive than its predecessor (it won't take much)?
Who knows? But as soon as we do, you can find it here on the ol' blog, as well as at Bankrate Taxes Blog.
My aim remains to get the highlights and links to my other tax blog posts up each weekend. But sometimes I might be late; other weeks even a bit early.
The point is, if you happen to miss the actual Bankrate posts or my recaps here, you can find synopses on this special blog page.
Since the calendar pushed my first full week of Bankrate blogging into the year's second week, let's not waste any more time. Here's what you can find on my other tax blog.
- Jan. 3, 2016: 6 reasons why a flat tax is not a good idea (posts from last week of December 2015; no Bankrate blog posts during Christmas week)
- Dec. 19, 2015: Broadway gets tax extenders break. Thanks, 'Hamilton'
- Dec. 13, 2015: Tax-free Internet access, tougher non-filing penalties closer to enactment as trade bill clears House
- Dec. 3, 2015: Higher cigarette taxes lead to healthier babies
- Nov. 29, 2015: Hunters' game plan: donating meat to feed the hungry
- Nov. 21, 2015: IRS seeks to enlist taxpayers in fight against tax ID theft
- Nov. 15, 2015: Cleveland could owe millions in jock tax refunds
- Nov. 6, 2015: Private bill collectors again will go after unpaid taxes
- Nov. 2, 2015: IRS uses cell phone surveillance only in criminal cases
- Oct. 25, 2015: Securing taxpayer data is the IRS' biggest challenge
- Oct. 18, 2015: 3 costs of tax evasion: Countries lose more than money
- Oct. 9, 2015: Beware crooks using South Carolina floods to scam charity donors
- Oct. 4, 2015: Global tax experts oppose corporate tax repatriation holiday
- Sept. 27, 2015: Electric vehicle tax credits favor the wealthy
- Sept. 20,2015: How do fantasy sports differ from gambling?
- Sept. 13, 2015: Congress faces a crowded year-end legislative schedule
- Sept. 3, 2015: Uncle Sam to pay $133 million to protect OPM hack victims
- Aug. 30, 2015: Cadillac tax repeal on Senate's post-recess to-do list
- Aug. 23, 2015: Tax fraud gangsters celebrate their crimes in song
- Aug. 16, 2015: Attention global shoppers: duty free shopping not alwasy fee free
- Aug. 9, 2015: Major Greek archaeological site target of tax probe
- Aug. 1, 2015: More Alaskan cities are taxing cigarettes
- July 25, 2015: Cross-border tax inspectors give tax cheats no place to hide
- July 17, 2015: Most CPAs report having clients who were tax ID theft victims
- July 12, 2015: Congress looks at letting banks do business with pot sellers
- July 6, 2015: Tax tasks for couples married at Austin's Big Gay Wedding
- June 28, 2015: Marriage equality means tweaks to tax code, tax forms
- June 23, 2015: Foreign account filings and tax haven countries
- June 14, 2015: Lessons learned from being tax Peeping Toms
- June 6, 2015: Computer glitches cost British couples marriage tax break
- May 28, 2015: IRS security breach highlights need to rethink online privacy
- May 23, 2015: Gambling on lotteries and IRS phone call privacy
- May 15, 2015: U.S. military paid NFL teams for salutes to troops
- May 9, 2015: U.S. on pace to lose record number of citizens to expatriation
- May 3, 2015: Congress close to expanding 529 savings plans
- April 26, 2015: Virginia dumps tax refund debit cards for paper checks
- April 16, 2015: Taking a peek at Obama, Biden 2014 tax returns
- April 12, 2015: Obamacare, NYPD donations offer new tax considerations
- April 4, 2015: New Jersey man's sports betting pool lands him in legal mess
- March 28, 2015: Tax scam victim's pregnancy causes crook to relent
- March 21, 2015: Tax returns on hold while IRS asks 'Who Are You?'
- March 14, 2015: Unscrupulous tax pros + Obamacare = scammed taxpayers
- March 9, 2015: Tax simplification is focus of yet another Capitol Hill hearing
- March 1, 2015: IRS offers appointments at 10 Taxpayer Assistance Centers
- Feb. 21, 2015: Almost 1 million Obamacare buyers get wrong tax form info
- Feb. 15, 2015: 5 things to check when hiring a tax preparer
- Feb. 9, 2015: Additions to the tax law name roll of [dis]honor?
- Jan. 31, 2015: Tax ID theft warning, 529 plan change deep-sixed
- Jan. 25, 2015: Capital gains gain in income reporting, but tax hike unlikely
- Jan. 15, 2015: Free File option opens Jan. 16 in advance of full filing season
- Jan. 10, 2015: Men, women & taxes: Are there differences in filing, careers?
You also can find links to the most recent Bankrate posts (and the RSS feed) over there in the right column of the ol' blog. Just scroll down a bit.
Thanks again for reading, here, there and everywhere!