We're less than a week away from April 15, Tax Day.
You know what that means. Families of tax accountants will not see their loved ones for the next six days.
If you do see your tax accountant, or other tax professional, during this filing season home stretch, be nice. Yes, you and your taxes are important, but you probably aren't your tax pro's only client.
If you run across someone who seems to be a little flustered, consider that he or she might be a tax accountant and give those folks a break.
Just in case you're unsure, here are the Top 10 Signs a Person Works in Accounting:
10. She lectures neighborhood kids selling lemonade on ways to improve their processes.
9. He is thrilled each Saturday because it means he can wear casual clothes to work.
8. She refers to the tomatoes in her garden as deliverables.
7. He finds that he really needs PowerPoint to explain what he does for a living.
6. She refers to her child as Deduction 214 (that's for our Canadian tax accountants).
5. He considers it normal not to see his spouse or children from February to April 15.
4. She has no idea that GAP also is a clothing store.
3. He finds that getting to sleep is an exciting event that he looks forward to all day long.
2. She thinks Einstein would have been more effective had he put his ideas into a matrix.
1. He thinks a half-day of work means leaving at 5 o'clock.
Hang in there, taxpayers and tax professionals alike. April 16 is almost here!You also might find these items of interest: