Nobody lives forever.
Yeah, I know. That's not the best way to kick off a Monday.
That means we all, regardless of our financial situations, need to do some estate planning. Bankrate's new estate planning guide can help.
Unfortunately, Congress isn't helping with this task right now. The estate tax is still in limbo. Yes, that link is a shameless plug, taking you to my contribution to the guide.
But as we wait for lawmakers to return to Washington and deal with this (and other up-in-the-air) tax laws, the guide details some other estate planning steps we can take.
You also can check out some of my earlier posts here on the ol' blog (listed below) that offer info on the estate tax and estate planning tips.
- Obama tax official offers some support for dual estate tax application in 2010
- Senate rejects permanent estate tax death
- Estate tax inching along
- A 'responsible' estate tax
- Where there's a will, there probably also should be a lawyer involved
- In fond memory of ...
- Death and taxes will continue
- A tax by any other name
- The estate tax, a Dickens of a law
Want to tell your friends about this blog post? Click the Tweet This or Digg This buttons below or use the Share This icon to spread the word via e-mail, Facebook and other popular applications. Thanks!